Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cross country by Nyah Frimley school cross country


On Wednesday the 31st August the years 4, 5 and 6 children  went to Frimley Park  for our school  cross country.  We do the cross country for fitness and to see who is the fastest of each year girl.   I came 35th in the year four girls race.  During my race I was really nervous.   Once I had started running my sister yelled out “well done, keep on running”.  I got really puffed and stopped and that is when my sister said  “do you want  me to run with you?” I said “yes’’.

When I got to the finish line people were cheering for me.  I was running with my sister, Mr Jay and Amy from room 16, Aimee came 34th in the cross country.  After my race my sister took me to the playground at Frimley park.  My favourite things at the park was the eagles nest, the swing, the slide and the drums.  When I was finished at the playground my sister and I went to watch my other sister in the year 5 girls race.   My sister came last.


When I had  finished my Mum said “well done” she was proud of me even though I had come last.

I had fun in cross country and  even though I came last  my friend Amy in room 16 said “well done” and I said to  Aimee “well done to you too”.  She said you had run really hard and my sister had said that I had run really fast.


My sister’s running race was after the year 4 boys.  She lined up and then Mr White clapped the clappers together and then my sister took off as fast as a cheater.   


When all the races were finished Mr White got the people to come up to the front who had come 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  My friend Maia ,from my class came 2nd.  I can’t wait until the next cross country I will try to run harder and faster.  






No comments:

Post a Comment