Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Listing into the doors

I placed my ear against the firm, wooden door. It felt warm: the sun had been shining on it all morning. From the other side I could hear voices. It sounded like two, or maybe three people whispering. One of the voices was a woman, and the others seemed to be men. Or was it the sound of a child?
The tone of their voices suggested great excitement. Had a great discovery just been made? Had a long-lost secret just been unearthed? Curious, I placed my hand on the shiny, metal door handle and began to turn. Creakthe door’s stiff hinges resisted me, but gradually gave way, and I was drenched in darkness as I stepped over the threshold
The six doors that you can see in the picture above are all real. They all have their own stories to tell, about real people.

No comments:

Post a Comment